Wednesday, March 31, 2010

A stomach ache has been annoying me for days now and is still hassling me as I write this. A case of nerves is the diagnosis - with no cure in sight. This irritating way in which I deal with stress is a real drag, to say the least.

I keep reminding myself of John Keats' theory of Negative Capability and how successful people are able to reside in the unknown or unresolved without tossing their cookies. Then, of course, I berate myself for not being one those successful sorts who can allow conflict and uncertainty to wash off their backs like yesterday's morning shower suds. Be in the mystery, I remind myself, throw away the need to find rational explanations for everything. My mantra is: move into receptive intuition, open up to all possibilities...yeah, easier said then done.

I could give you a list of what is gripping me at the moment, but I won't do that to you; it's a long list. I'd rather just say, if you are squeezed by the grip of doubt, uncertainty, fear, or if someone you care about has upset you, take heart, you're not alone. Many, many souls that have come before us have lived in the great mystery and some even wrote about it. Sometimes just knowing others struggle with the same things makes the struggle a little easier to bear.

No comments:

Post a Comment