Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The sky is clear after the storm. Not much wildlife on the coast today. Waves of cranes fly overhead, and then seagulls appear in flocks of 3 to 13. The occasional bee lands atop the purple wild flowers in full bloom along the unstable Encinitas cliffs. Not much happening in the water, except for birds in the distance swooping down to fish for their lunch. A large boat heads north in the gray distance and a red chopper heads south above the active blue waters. Not a silky silver sea today. No, we have pale blue skies and a vast steeliness to match.

All of this goes on while a war is waged in Libya and thousands grieve for the dead and injured in Japan. The rush of water here is peacefully calm in its natural thunder. I wonder what the big Tsunami sounded like there?

I've struggled to keep this blog active because I'm not very good at concealing my life events from my writing life; they are one and the same. And as any writer knows, our essence always comes out, somehow, in our writing, whether we like it or not. We seem to leak who we are and how we really feel in every form of communication, especially in writing. Many try to hide behind their wit or sarcasm, but experienced eyes can always detect the truth behind the lies.

We'll see how this year's blog posts unfold. For now, all I can promise is to try to remain faithful to this forum that seems to disappear into the ether. However, with my ever increasing need to create an income, my musings tend to be brief. A sad state for me, that's for sure. I could live in the land of poetry forever, but sadly I must emerge too often to attend to the practical aspects of existence, not just the existential.

No comments:

Post a Comment