Sunday, February 28, 2010

I am procrastinating, again. There are tons of projects I need to tackle and finish and here I sit noodling around on my blog. I want to excuse myself by saying that every creative person hims and haws before getting down to business, that it's natural to avoid things that require a little more energy than we wish to expend; and the classic excuse...I always end up finishing what needs to be done so I shouldn't worry. Those statements are all true, but when it comes to writing, it requires time for rewriting and rewriting, which means I don't have time to waste.

Okay, note to self:
1. carve out time to write about my new cowgirl boots and the implication of owning them
2. finish the two poems I started this weekend
3. rewrite the Rhino piece for Erin before she fires me
4. respond to Sandra's comments and do all the writing she's expecting by Wednesday
5. prepare your weekly calendar for the hectic tasks ahead
5.5. stop worrying about the filming on Tuesday
6. stop thinking about men and kisses
7. stop eating all those damned carbs, just stop
8. remember to dust your room once in a while
9. start on the paper that's due in a couple weeks
10. write down everything you've been forgetting to do

Okay, now I think I can/should get back to work so I can blog again, someday.


No comments:

Post a Comment